Devers Independent School District in Devers, Texas....What can we say?!! We can say it is one of the best school districts in Texas!!! We also tell people it is the Best Kept Secrets in Texas !!! We strive to have every student reach his/her potential. Our campus is like one big happy family....we all care about one another.
Devers is located on Highway 90, about 10 miles east of Liberty, Texas and about 28 miles west of Beaumont. We offer classes from Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth Grade.
Here are some highlights of our school:
- 2008-2009 EXEMPLARY DISTRICT
- 2009-2010 EXEMPLARY DISTRICT
- 2010-2011 RECOGNIZED DISTRICT
- Small school environment
- 100% NCLB (No Child Left Behind) highly qualified faculty • Safe and secure small school atmosphere with a full-time Licensed Vocational Nurse serving all student needs
- Clean and well-maintained facilities including a new Junior High Building,Science Lab, Computer Lab, Library, and Track.
- An athletic program that facilitates all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students in getting playing time in Volleyball, Basketball, Track, Cross Country
- In cooperation with Dayton Youth Soccer Association, we offer Soccer for students Pre-K through 8th Grade
- An array of Junior High electives including Newspaper, Agriculture (for High School credit), Cheerleading/Mascot and others
- Well-maintained/air conditioned school transportation
- We welcome parent/family involvement.
From Devers, our eighth-graders go to either Hull-Daisetta High School or to Liberty High School. We would love for you to come visit us, and we are currently able to take a limited number of transfer students. If you would like more information about our great school, please contact our Superintendent/Principal, Mrs. Elizabeth Harris (936-549-7591 Ext.123; email@example.com). She will be happy to talk with you.
Devers is a wonderful place, if we do say so ourselves!!!!